Ever wonder what it takes to overcome fear and push forward, no matter what, toward the summit of a mountain of success? Ever wonder what it’s like to not let any obstacles distract you from your destination? Those that reach the top didn’t get there because nothing stood in their way, they got there because they were able to push aside the bumps in the road and move forward. And one of those bumps is fear.
Everyone has experienced fear, everyone has been afraid of something in their lives. But those who are able to confront and overcome fear are the ones that win the fight. It takes a lot of guts and perseverance to not back down when there’s hurdles on your path to achieving greatness, but it can be done. Use these 8 tricks to help you push through your fears the next time you feel like they’ve gotten the best of you.
8 Methods for Becoming Fearless
1. Recognize your fears: Know your enemy; you can’t be a warrior if you don’t know who you’re fighting. Take a minute to outline your fears and write them down or clearly visualize them. If you only have a vague idea of what these are, you won’t be able to address them and look them straight in the eye to overcome them.
2. Visualize a fearless person, then visualize yourself in this position: Think of the people in your life or in the media that you consider fearless, or someone that has the confidence that you admire. Watch their body language and the way they present themselves to the world. Mimic these gestures and postures of confidence in your daily life, and soon enough you’ll be adopting these traits as your own.
3. Reject negative influences: The worst thing to do to a wildfire is to throw more wood into it. If you’re lacking courage and determination, the worst thing to do would be to throw negativity at you, because your self-doubt will only spread. Shed those that keep you down and learn to take their remarks with a grain of salt. Work on building a community of positive-minded people who encourage you to achieve your goals.
4. Seek advice: MLM may be starting from the ground and working your way up, but you shouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel completely. If you have questions or if you run into a problem you don’t know how to work around, chances are someone else has encountered this before. Look for advice from the experts in the MLM field or from your upline, because they were once where you are and they, too, listened to the advice of those that had paved the way before.
5. Learn the tricks of the trade: If you don’t have the necessary skills it takes to grow your network marketing business alone, then go out there and learn them. If it’s communication skills you need to know how to prospect or present your product, take a public speaking course. If you want to grow your marketing campaign, read articles and watch YouTube videos on how to use the internet to market your product. The wider your skill set, the more confident you’ll feel and the easier it will be to overcome fear.
6. Make mistakes: Let’s be realistic, everyone fails or makes mistakes at some point in their life. Even the MLM industry leaders will tell you stories of falling down, losing confidence, and being overcome with negative and discouraging thoughts. Know that you’re going to have to conquer obstacles and that you may be knocked down every now and then. But don’t ignore your pitfalls. Instead use them as stepping stones to success, because if you’re able to recognize what went wrong then you can avoid it in the future. The more you get back up after being pushed down, the more you’ll be able to meet future obstacles fearlessly.
7. Imagine the worst case scenario: Most of the time, it’s never as bad as we make it out to be in our imaginations. Our fears are irrational when we think about the possible consequences, especially if we’re able to refuse to let failure keep us down. If you’re afraid to approach potential recruits or customers, the worst that could happen is that they say “no”, and if that’s the case then all you have to do is move on to the next. Life goes on, business goes on, and so will you.
8. Relax: Take time to put things into perspective. Remember that growing your network marketing business is a marathon, not a sprint. If you remain focused on the bigger picture, you’ll learn to celebrate the small victories that get you closer to success, and you’ll be able to ignore the hiccups along the way.
Overcome Fear and Get Busy
Think of yourself as a car that can’t go in reverse. It can stall, but it can’t go backward, only forward. During the time that you spend stalled because of your fears, you could be pushing ahead, building your business and growing your downline. Don’t hesitate. Overcome your fears and put yourself out on the line. If it doesn’t work out the first time, don’t be afraid to keep going until it does.
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie